Sunday, July 25, 2010

......Busy/Lazy lol

Hi all,
Sorry I haven't been updating the blog in a while. As you may or may not know, after traveling with VORTEX2 for 3 and 1/2 weeks, I went home for pretty much a day and a half and then returned back to the Plains to get back to work at my internship. It's cool that I get to do some work related to VORTEX2. My research this summer involves verifying the Weather Researching and Forecasting (WRF) model 3-km forecasts using sounding data (environmental profiles of the atmosphere) collected from VORTEX2. I am examining the pre-convective environment (before storms occur) to see the differences in what actually occurred in the pre-convective environment to what we see in model forecasts. This will aid in discerning model issues for bad forecasts. Also it will help with good forecasts, letting us know what the forecasting model is doing right.

So this was just a little update to let you guys know I'm hard at work. In 2 weeks I will back to the East Coast. I will definitely have some more stories to upload as I get some more free time to do things. Right now, we are in the most hectic portion of the internship. We are finishing up our papers, working on final presentations, and posters.

Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment